When it comes to your hair, you’re probably more concerned with how it looks than what it feels like. That’s why you might be tempted to reach for a flat iron sooner rather than later, but before you do, there are a few things you need to know about flat irons so that you can make the right choice.
Do you want silky hair that stays locked in place? Or do you prefer curls or waves? Are your locks coarse, curly, fine, or thick? These are all important questions to ask when making your purchase. Fortunately, we have the answers, we’ve tested numerous flat irons and narrowed down our top picks so that you don’t have to.
Why You Should Be Using A Flat Iron
For those of you who are wondering why you should ever use a flat iron, we have some good news for you. In a time when there are more and more ways to fight frizz, a flat iron might be the best way to get the job done and not just for those who have curly hair if you have straight hair, you might also want to consider investing in flat iron.
Most hairstylists agree that flat ironing curly hair will help to smooth the curls and reduce frizz, you could get the same results by using a curling iron but with a flat iron, you get the added benefit of straightening your hair.
The Best Flat Irons
When it comes to finding the Best flat irons on the market, there are several things you should keep in mind. There are many factors that you should keep in mind when looking for the best flat iron for you, while there are many factors that you should look at when buying a new iron, there are a few things that are more important than others.
- Your budget – A lot of people have the misconception that you have to spend a lot of money to get a good iron. This is not the case! Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly iron or a professional-grade flat iron, there are flat irons for every budget.
- Your hair type – If you have thick, curly, or coarse hair, then a straightening iron is not the best choice for you. In fact, using a flat iron on these hair types can result in damage and breakage. In order to avoid damaging your hair, it’s important to know your hair type before purchasing a flat iron.
- Your usage – While some flat irons are great for everyday use, others are better suited for special occasions. For example, if you plan on styling your hair on a daily basis, a professional-grade iron might be a better fit for you.
- Your hair length – Depending on your hair type, your usage, and your budget, you might want to invest in a flat iron with a high or low temperature. You should be aware of the hair length you have before purchasing a flat iron, if you have longer hair, you should look for a model with a lower temperature.
- Your hair thickness – Depending on your hair type, your usage, and your budget, you might want to invest in a flat iron with a high or low temperature. You should be aware of the hair thickness you have before purchasing a flat iron, if your hair is on the thin side, you should look for a model with a lower temperature.